Community Campaign 2021 - Terms and Conditions
Ansvar Community Campaign Competition Terms and Conditions
The following competition rules (“Rules”) govern your participation in the Ansvar Community Campaign Competition 2021 (“Competition”). The Promotor is Ansvar Insurance, a business division of Ecclesiastical Insurance Office Plc (registered company number 24869) of Benefact House, 2000 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AW (“Ansvar”)
In these Rules the terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” mean Ansvar and the terms “you”, “your”, and “yours” mean the person submitting any content or other material to our servers or by post under these Rules.
Before submitting any application for entry into the Competition we strongly advise that you read these Rules carefully. Failure to comply with these Rules could lead to your disqualification without reasons being given or opportunity for challenge.
- This Competition is open to any organisation registered with one of the following: the Charity Commission for England and Wales; the Jersey Charity Commissioner or the Guernsey Registry as applicable in respect of the Channel Islands, or the Central Registry in respect of the Isle of Man; the Charity Commission in Northern Ireland; the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator, (in each case, the applicable registered organisation constituting a “Registered Charity” for the purposes of these Rules.
- Entries must be made by an individual aged 18 years or over who is authorised to act on behalf of any Registered Charity in the United Kingdom or Channel Islands.
- This Competition is not open to anyone other than Registered Charities in the United Kingdom or Channel Islands. Anyone associated in any way with this Competition (whether an Ansvar employee or otherwise) shall not be entitled to enter.
- All information detailing how to enter this Competition forms part of these Rules. It is a condition of entry that all Rules are accepted as final and that you agree to abide by these Rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these Rules.
- Entries for the Competition can be submitted from 9am on 10th May 2021(“Start Date”) until 5pm on 30th June 2021 (“Closing Date”). Only one entry may be submitted for each Registered Charity. No purchase is necessary.
- Entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must consist of 500 words or less. The email must include the name and registered number of the charity, its address and the contact details of the person submitting the entry on behalf of the charity. Alternatively, an entry can be posted to Community Campaign Competition, Ansvar Marketing Department, Ansvar House, 31 St Leonards Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3UR. Please note entries will not be returned.
- Your entry must reach us by 5pm on the Closing Date (either by submitting an entry online or by post). Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through third parties or agencies.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any content submitted in the application has the full backing of your charity and does not infringe the copyright of any third party. By entering this Competition you warrant that submissions in the entry are your own work and you own all copyright in it.
- Copyright in all entries for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants Ansvar a non-exclusive royalty-free licence to feature any of the submitted entries in any relevant publications, websites and/or other promotional material.
- Once the Competition has closed, our judging panel will consider all eligible submitted entries. The judging panel will comprise of representatives from Ansvar and other parts of the Ecclesiastical Group.
- The judging panel will determine the winners of the Competition which will be based on criteria including (but not limited to) the originality of the project idea and how much the idea engages with the local community. The decision of the judging panel will be final and may not be challenged.
- One amount of £15,000 and two amounts of £5,000 (the “Prize”) will be awarded by cheque to the Top 3 entries as determined by the judging panel (the “Winners”.)
- The Prize is non-transferrable and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen or not taken up for any reason.
- The Winners will be contacted following the judging panel’s decision and will be notified that they are the Winners by 5pm on 23rd July 2021.
- The details of the Winners will be announced publicly on the Ansvar website and possibly in the local press.
- The Winners may be required to take part in publicity with Ansvar.
- By submitting an entry, you hereby consent to Ansvar processing your personal data for the purposes of running the Competition, for announcing the Winners on Ansvar’s website and social media pages and by email and for any PR and marketing initiatives undertaken by Ansvar in relation to the Competition. This could include, but is not limited to, media activity, social media or information on Ansvar’s website.
- The Winners may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month of the announcement of the Winner enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to Community Campaign Competition, Marketing Department, Ansvar House, 31 St Leonards Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3UR.
- We reserve the right to amend these Rules at our entire discretion without notice to you, although any such amendments will be posted on our website at www.ansvar.co.uk as soon as practicable. We additionally reserve the right to change the judging panel or cancel the Competition without liability to you should we consider it necessary to do so.
- These Rules are between Ansvar and you. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Rules operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- English law applies to the Competition and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts shall prevail.
- Nothing in these Rules shall limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability that cannot be excluded under applicable law. Except as provided above and provided that this clause will not operate as to enable us to refuse to pay or distribute the Prize to the Winner, we hereby exclude all liability of any nature or however arising (including where due to our negligence) to you or any other person in respect of the Competition, including without limitation, any claim you may seek to bring in respect of the loss of a chance should you be unable to upload your entry to our servers for any reason, or for the loss of a chance to establish or enhance any reputation you may claim to have. Except as provided above, in no event shall our liability to you, however arising, in respect of any Competition exceed the sum of £100.
- If you have any queries regarding these Rules, please email email@example.com
- Your privacy is important to us. We will process your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
- The data controller in respect of the personal data which we may hold about you is Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc who you can contact via the Data Protection Officer, at Ansvar Insurance, of Benefact House, 2000, Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AW, or on 01452 528190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We collect your personal data and information that you provide on submission of your Entry Form. This information may include basic personal details such as your name, email and phone number.
- We may use your personal information to process your Entry Form. For which we shall process your personal data on the legal basis that the processing is necessary for our legitimate business need to administer the Competition and your participation in the Competition via the submission of your Entry Form.
- You have the right to request a copy of all the personal information that we hold about you in a Subject Access Request in writing to our Data Protection Officer at Ansvar Insurance, Benefact House, 2000, Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AW. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.