Community Campaign 2023 - Awards programme
Terms and conditions
The following Awards Programme terms and conditions (“Rules”) govern your participation in the Ansvar Community Campaign Awards Programme 2023 (“Awards Programme”).
The Promotor is Ecclesiastical Insurance Office Plc (registered company number 24869) of Benefact House, 2000 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AW, (“Ansvar”), of which ‘Ansvar Insurance’ is a business division and trading name.
In these Rules the terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” mean Ansvar and the terms “you”, “your”, and “yours” mean the person submitting the Entry Form under these Rules, and the Eligible Charity on whose behalf the Entry Form is submitted.
Before submitting an Entry Form to the Awards Programme we strongly advise that you read these Rules carefully. Failure to comply with these Rules could lead to your disqualification without reasons being given or opportunity for challenge.
1. This Awards Programme is open to any “Eligible Charity”, which means an organisation which
a) is registered with one of the following:
i) the Charity Commission for England and Wales;
ii) the Jersey Charity Commissioner or the Guernsey Registry as applicable in respect of the Channel Islands;
iii) the Attorney General’s Chambers Charity Administration in respect of the Isle of Man;
iv) the Charity Commission in Northern Ireland;
v) the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator; and
b) does not discriminate unlawfully in any way, as determined by the sole discretion of the Promoter; and
c) does not support any specific political party or affiliated group; and
d) does not relate to any controversial subject matter that is contrary to the values and expectations of the Promoter.
2. The Awards Programme is open from 9am on Monday 6th March 2023 (“Start Date”) to 5pm on Monday 17th April 2023(“Closing Date”) inclusive. Only one entry per Eligible Charity is permitted. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries to the Awards Programme must be submitted using the online Entry Form (“Entry Form”).
4. The Entry Form must be submitted by an individual aged 18 years or over who is authorised to act on behalf of the Eligible Charity (“Entrant”). The Entry Form must be completed in full, include the name, address and registered number of the Eligible Charity and full contact details for both the Eligible Charity and the Entrant. The Entry Form should not include personal data identifying any individual other than the Entrant.
5. Anyone associated in any way with the administration of this Awards Programme (whether an Ansvar employee or otherwise) is not entitled to be an Entrant.
6. Any Entry Form submitted on behalf of any organisation which does not meet the definition of Eligible Charity above will be void and will not be accepted.
7. Submitting an Entry Form indicates acceptance of these Rules.
8. Entry Forms must be received by us not later than 5pm on the Closing Date. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced, forged, fraudulent or corrupted entries and entries sent through third parties or agencies will not be considered. We accept no responsibility for lost entries. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
9. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the Entry Form and all content submitted with it has the full endorsement of the Eligible Charity on whose behalf it is submitted and does not infringe the copyright of any third party. By entering this Awards Programme you warrant that content submitted in the Entry Form is not confidential and is all your original work.
10. On submitting the Entry Form you grant Ansvar a perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use the submitted content, including to display, publish, edit, reformat, store and feature in any social media, other media and publications, websites and/or other promotional material.
11. By submitting an Entry Form (i) you confirm that you understand that we will process your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Notice, below; (ii) you consent to us announcing the Winners on Ansvar’s website and via social media and other media as we consider appropriate; (iii) you agree that if you are a Winner, Ansvar may contact you in relation to promotional activity regarding the Awards Programme and (iv) you agree that if you are a Winner you will engage reasonably with Ansvar in appropriate PR and marketing initiatives undertaken by Ansvar in connection with the Awards Programme (which may include, but is not limited to, media activity, social media or information on Ansvar’s website).
12. Once the Awards Programme has closed, the Promoter’s judging panel will consider all eligible submitted Entry Forms, having regard to criteria including (but not limited to) the originality of the project idea, and how much the project idea engages with the community and people who are likely to benefit from the project and the activities of the Eligible Charity.
13. Only Eligible Charities approved by the Promotor at the Promotor’s sole discretion will be eligible to be receive an Award. The decision of the Promoter’s judging panel will be final, will not be challenged and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. One amount of £15,000 and two amounts of £5,000 (each an “Award”) will be awarded to three (3) entries as determined by the Promotor’s judging panel (each a “Winner”). Each Award will be paid directly by BACS payment or cheque to its Winner. We reserve the right to carry out such checks as we consider appropriate prior to making any payment.
15. Each Award is non-transferrable and is given at the Promoter’s sole discretion and is subject to these Rules. Awards cannot be replaced if lost, destroyed or stolen or if any cheque is not cashed within 6 months of the date written on its face.
16. Each Winner will be contacted, no later than 31st May 2023 to notify them of their Award, using the contact information provided on the Entry Form and/or any other information and method which the Promoter considers appropriate.
17. Details of the Winners will be announced publicly on the Ansvar website, social media and possibly other media such as in the local press.
18. The Winners or judging panel may be disclosed to anyone who requests such information in writing, within one month of the date of the Ansvar website’s first announcement of the Winners, to Community Campaign Awards Programme, Marketing Department, Ansvar House, 31 St Leonards Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3UR and encloses a stamped addressed envelope for a reply.
19. We reserve the right to amend these Rules at our entire discretion without notice to you, although any such amendments will be posted on our website at www.ansvar.co.uk as soon as practicable. We reserve the right to change the judging panel. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards Programme with or without notice to you should we consider it necessary to do so.
20. These Rules apply between Ansvar and you. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
21. Each of the paragraphs of these Rules operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
22. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute (including non-contractual disputes) or matter arising under or in connection with these.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by an Entrant or an Eligible Charity as a result of entering the Awards Programme. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other in connection with the Awards Programme, and hereby excludes all liability of any nature or however arising (including where due to our negligence) to you or any other person in connection with the Awards Programme, including without limitation, any claim in respect of loss of opportunity, loss of chance to establish or enhance any reputation or loss of revenue should you be unable to upload an Entry Form or are not awarded an Award for any reason. In any event our liability to you, however arising, in respect of this Awards Programme shall not exceed the sum of £100. (Nothing in these Rules shall limit our liability for any liability that cannot be excluded under applicable law.).
24. If you have any queries regarding these Rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Notice: Ansvar Community Campaign
- Your privacy is important to us. We will process your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
- The data controller in respect of the personal data which we may hold about you is Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc who you can contact via the Data Protection Officer, at Ansvar Insurance, Benefact House, 2000, Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AW, or on 01452 528190 or email email@example.com.
- We collect your personal data and information that you provide on submission of your Entry Form. This personal data will include basic personal details such as your name, email, address and phone number.
- We will use this personal information to process your Entry Form, to administer the Awards Programme, to notify you of an Award if your Eligible Charity is a Winner, and in connection with publicity relating to the Award Programme and any Award including announcing the Winners on Ansvar’s website and via social media and other media. The legal basis for such processing is our legitimate business need to administer the Awards Programme, to distribute the Awards and to publicise the Awards Programme and its results.