Ansvar is committed to improving energy efficiency wherever possible and taking a pro-active approach to reducing our carbon footprint.
A number of initiatives have been put in place over the past couple of years:
- Solar panel installation 2014 - Ansvar has 32 Solar PV panels installed which generate on average per year 6150 kWh. This saves approx. 3.5 tons of CO2 emissions per year
- Energy saving light bulbs are fitted throughout the building
- PIR light sensors are fitted throughout the building
- Cistermisers are fitted in toilets to reduce water usage
Activities to manage our waste reduction have been in place for several years and we actively recycle the following waste products:
- Paper - Ansvar is part of the Shred-it recycling program and recycle an amount equivalent to 50 trees each year
- Drinking cups - all vending machine cups for visitors are made of cardboard and recyclable. All staff have reusable cups.
- Toner cartridges
- Plastic bottles
- Tin cans
And finally, more than 80% of our policy documents and brochures are sent electronically rather than by post.